The Force

every night my eye closes
my spine fears with a shock
as it always reminds me of that one night
my mouth trembled as
it's shut down by rough hands
desperately wanting to cry for help
as they undressed me
feeling fear and helplessness withing
i tried to reach onto something
maybe a rock
maybe a branch
maybe some concrete
but then i realised that our society was built using these
and if the living society doesn't care
how foolish was i to expect the non living things that gave it birth to?
i felt fear, anger and pain.
why is it my fault when your hunger doesn't stop when you look at a woman?
why is it my fault that I'm getting blamed?
the pain, it's scarred in me so much that
im starting to make it a part of me
does it really have to be this way?
does every woman need to feel helpless?
why is it that this patriarchal society stepping on us?
what are you afraid of?
us as a whole in the system or us making a hole through your system?
i blame every male on this earth for what has happened to me
i blame every parent that isn't teaching their kids how to behave
all i ever wanted was to be free and achieve my goals but all i got was forced and left in darkness
and as i dream this every time i close my eyes at night
i always fear for other women around me
why is it hard to understand that i am the victim here?
why is hard to understand my pain?
all along i was thinking the trauma was the worst part but later i realised that the society is the worst part.
sometimes i really wish those eyes that were closed would permanently never open as it was far better than going through this everyday.


🎨art credit: Bhavya Kolla @artsystree

Comments

Popular Posts