Lonel-

The home that it once was
does not feel like it anymore does
The whole that it made me feel
left a hole that can't be filled 
The family that once supported me
feels like is going apart from me

Affection searching for me like an X-ray
oh did I ever mention I'm Lead by the way
Like a path of Mobius strip
this loneliness has held me in its grip
Methylated spirit for my physical wounds
what do I apply for my bleeding soul?

Like Helen Keller from within
to me freedom is a sin
Like a bird on a wire
Cohen's words set my pain on fire
Alcohol numbs the pain away
Cannabis pumps my smile for a day
All cohesive with depression to anxiety
Can I please live just for one day?

Like a morsel of batter forgotten in a deep fryer
I feel grounded like a burnt toast with butter
Like a blind mime running through the streets of Paris
Like a constellation not knowing Polaris
I feel lost in a certain way
Like a fisherman on a boat from the shore far away

Living my life singing Yellow Submarine 
Lying that this is my last smoke of green
Going through a day feeling like the Rocket-Man
But always wanting to drive off a bridge like Stan
Oh how long will this loneliness stay
Can't take it anymore being forgotten like D.R.E

Comments

Popular Posts