Espress-joe feelings

It was a rainy night,
when all the thunderous echos reverberated across my chest
the night of extreme cold
the night i first had my cup of Joe.
The sip of the bittery bean's concentrated juice
is reaction almost indistinguishable from that of a gag
an aftertaste of burntness that haunts behind
but after a while
it felt like a heaven that needed recognition
a well that was filled with water
the sky was dark
and my cup, even darker
the notes of flavour that still linger on my tongue shows me the heaven on earth
it was maybe the first time ever i fell in love with the darkness
from the sweet lightness of the latte to the alarmingly dark espresso
oh what a brilliant way to put up a show
the blood that flowed in me understood far before my brain even could,
a monstrosity of flavour and aroma that left me on the ground stood.
The bitterness which first made me gag
made sure of enough caffeine in me to brag
Hot or cold
Sweet or strong
with coffee, i can do anything all day long
First rush of endorphins caught me by surprise
the second was perhaps my prize
till the day of my death 
coffee won't ever leave my breath.

Comments

Popular Posts