My Lockdown Lover

 
It's been quite long,
last time we saw each other we were apart
this time we long for one another's heart,
I've lost my touch whilst losing myself
your touch was the one that kept me alive every time I thought of killing myself.
Your smile that brightens up my day
can't be seen now that we're far far away
being a magnet to darkness
only your warmth made back to metal.
They say the heart of steel
do they even know that the poor alloy feels?
"Stay strong, we're in this together"
But why does it feel like forever?
Maybe I was wrong about us
Perhaps why I had to strangle my bronchus.
"You and I" I thought it was fate
Could've been together like King and his mate
Didn't think you'd add the check too soon too stale.
It's been quite long,
Maybe too long for us to be strong,
Spiraling I go into the depths,
assuming we'd be together till our deaths

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts